
Instead of writing two posts and considering the late hour that I am writing I am combining two posts.
How about those Jayhawks?? Now they are 11 wins and no losses. The last time they had a record this great was in the 19th Century....1899!! They beat the Iowa State "clones" 45-7! That was an interesting game. The commentators on TV stated that KU was the least penalized team. They made several penalties in this game. I really believe if they hadn't have had any penalties the score could have been 45-0. Todd Reesing was the player of the game and Kerry Meier took over in the 4th quarter as quarterback. He was quite good! Meier is a versatile player. Last year he was starting quarterback and this year he lost the job to Todd Reesing but still plays as a receiver and as backup quarterback.
So what will the poll pundints rate KU this week? My guess (probably everyone's guess) is number 2 because number 2 lost this past week. Now, KU needs to focus on the big game at KC on Saturday with rival Missouri. Missouri, who has one loss and who beat K-State at Manhattan today, is probably hungry for a win. KU needs to stay just as "hungry" and continue to stay focused as they have all season long.
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!
------
The Church Auction tonight was fun. It was a great way to contribute money for the building/kitchen fund. The auctioneer always cracks me up, BG. Great personality and good at his job. There were pies, peppernuts, assortments of breads and cookies, small quilts, dinner invitations, along with various items that the congregation brought. The items that got the most money was a dinner with TP for $90; and two quilt/wall hangings that brought in $110 and $270. I should have bidded on a smaller quilt, as it only went for $5.00 (more like my price range). I contributed a couple of crystal items and they went for pretty cheap (considering how much they were probably bought for). L made a miniature bench and I ended up buying it back for him (as it was going REALLY cheap). L gave the little bench to EG, as he had made a larger sized version a few years back.
I bought a tall angel with a dove in her hands. I think they called her a "Willow Angel." Then I bought a little wooden box and some notecards that flute made! Thanks Flute!!! I'm not sure how much the auction made for the building fund but hopefully the auction did well. We had approximately thirty-five or forty people there. We had a great time! I love those auctions! :)
How about those Jayhawks?? Now they are 11 wins and no losses. The last time they had a record this great was in the 19th Century....1899!! They beat the Iowa State "clones" 45-7! That was an interesting game. The commentators on TV stated that KU was the least penalized team. They made several penalties in this game. I really believe if they hadn't have had any penalties the score could have been 45-0. Todd Reesing was the player of the game and Kerry Meier took over in the 4th quarter as quarterback. He was quite good! Meier is a versatile player. Last year he was starting quarterback and this year he lost the job to Todd Reesing but still plays as a receiver and as backup quarterback.
So what will the poll pundints rate KU this week? My guess (probably everyone's guess) is number 2 because number 2 lost this past week. Now, KU needs to focus on the big game at KC on Saturday with rival Missouri. Missouri, who has one loss and who beat K-State at Manhattan today, is probably hungry for a win. KU needs to stay just as "hungry" and continue to stay focused as they have all season long.
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!
------
The Church Auction tonight was fun. It was a great way to contribute money for the building/kitchen fund. The auctioneer always cracks me up, BG. Great personality and good at his job. There were pies, peppernuts, assortments of breads and cookies, small quilts, dinner invitations, along with various items that the congregation brought. The items that got the most money was a dinner with TP for $90; and two quilt/wall hangings that brought in $110 and $270. I should have bidded on a smaller quilt, as it only went for $5.00 (more like my price range). I contributed a couple of crystal items and they went for pretty cheap (considering how much they were probably bought for). L made a miniature bench and I ended up buying it back for him (as it was going REALLY cheap). L gave the little bench to EG, as he had made a larger sized version a few years back.
I bought a tall angel with a dove in her hands. I think they called her a "Willow Angel." Then I bought a little wooden box and some notecards that flute made! Thanks Flute!!! I'm not sure how much the auction made for the building fund but hopefully the auction did well. We had approximately thirty-five or forty people there. We had a great time! I love those auctions! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment