Friday, November 30, 2007

The cat and the Christmas Tree

This sounds like a title to a new book, huh? :) Hmm...might pursue that one someday.

L and J put the Christmas tree together last night. The cat kept looking at it. Finally he decided he wanted to "taste" the tree. I saw him snacking on a couple of wire branches last night. Of course we had to chase him away. J started to put up an ornament and the cat watched with amazement! A shiny ornament for him to bat at while we weren't looking! WOW! We were careful not put any ornaments on the bottom branches as we figured he would want to practice his cat skills on the tree. We found a bell ornament and rang it. The cat did not like the sound of it. I guess we should have many bell ornaments on the tree maybe that would scare him off. He sat on the arm of the couch last night looking at the lights and the ornaments. I don't know if he had his way with the tree overnight or not. Everything looks okay.

The cat is a big fan of our space heater. Whenever we have it on he jumps up next to us and get friendly. Yeah, right. He loves the heat coming from the space heater and wants to warm up his little fur body. I have to admit cats are interesting creatures.

No comments: