Thursday, November 29, 2007

Kansas 6-0!

KU basketball is starting off in true fashion with a perfect record so far. The true test however will come up December 2 (a Sunday afternoon) when KU meets USC and the infamous OJ Mayo.

Brandon Rush is back in strong force in the line up. He was the lead scorer with 17 points, followed by Darnell Jackson with 13 and Mario Chalmers with 11. Close on their heels in points was Conner Teahan (the Zac Efron look-a-like, although when I saw him he didn't look much like him. Conner is better looking!). Teahan scored 9 points, all three-pointers and he came off the bench to do this. What a future this kid has with the Jayhawks and I can't believe it that he's just a walk on! KU won the game 87-49 over a Rex Walters (former KU player) team of FAU (Florida).

I have heard that the students have not shown up in strong force, leaving a lot of seats open. If I were a student I would be there every night! Also, if I lived in the Lawrence area I would try to get sesaon tickets, although it IS a pretty hefty price!! Guess it would be better if I was an alumnus and contribute to the Williams fund to get better seats. But since I don't live in Lawrence and I'm not an alumnus then I guess we are pretty lucky to go to a game when we can.
-----
I still haven't put the tree up but I heard that the cat was under the tree blanket this morning. I can imagine what it will be like when the tree is finally up. Cat thinking: "Hmm..Which ornament shall I attack today/tonight?"

1 comment:

flute4peace said...

I've decided that I'm not going to watch the games anymore - no need to. I'll just come here and get the play-by-play from you! Seriously, you ought to be reporting on KU for the paper or something. I always enjoy your posts about them.

I'm so sorry about your bad night. I have 1 or 2 of those every week. Ugh, makes me insane.

LOL about the cat in the tree. My sister said hers climbs up in the middle and just sticks her head out of the middle of the tree. I guess I don't need a cat - I have a K3 to climb my tree, LOL.